I am REALLY looking forward to 7.00pm on the 20th of December. It's probably because I subconciously miss dressing up and stuff :P. Good thing I didn't buy any jewelry too as I found a pair of my mom's christmas tree earrings that I can wear to the dinner. (Yay! Another $15 or so saved.)
Moving on, some argument broke out between Sarah and I on Tuesday but I shan't go into that. All I can say is that I'm sorta disappointed and confused. Sigh... Even though I highly doubt our relationship will end up like some other two people's, it's not likely to patch up until someone makes a move to apologize - and I certainly am NOT going to do it, seeing as how I wasn't the first to start it anyway.
My parents' wedding anniversary passed 5 days ago and it slipped my mind completely! Although my mom wasn't here to celebrate it - she's still in India by the way - I forgot to wish her. I think my dad wouldn't have cared much about it anyway because, as much as I hate to admit it, he's not into this sort of thing anymore. Which is quite sad since they hardly even talk to each other for fear of breaking out into another argument. I think it would be nice for my family to actually decorate our house in the spirit of Christmas. I've seen so many other homes and they look really beautiful and inviting and the stuff of a loving family. (I'm not saying my family isn't loving, but everyone is getting on each other's nerves so much so that we have to resort to staying away to prevent our blood vessels from bursting, which I know is the wrong way to go about solving the problem.)
I'm pretty sure things would be alot different if we were in the states because there, everyone is so caught up in the festive mood and everywhere you turn, another reminder of Christmas. Strangers seem to be abit friendlier too. People buying presents and wrapping them in shimmery paper and ribbons. Children running about in clothes with reindeer and snowflake pictures on them (I had one when I was younger, hehe). Kids choosing christmas stockings so when they wake up on the 25th, they can reach into it and pull out packages, hoping that it's the new Barbie doll or Hotwheels car they wanted or whatever. Sometimes I stop and wonder, "Do these people really know the true meaning of Christmas?" Okay, maybe I'm not so sure of it either but some others really have no inkling whatsoever. It saddens me to have to come to the realization that they think it's all about buying/giving present and Santa Claus (which, by the way, doesn't exist).
1:46 PM